Read this!

New TL - introduction!

Hello, It's been almost a year since I began this translation (September 22, 2020)! That's amazing. When I began this, I didn't ...

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Completion - translator's note

 What a crazy time! I'm going to make this very brief because it's 5:58pm and i still haven't had lunch, as I just really wanted to finish this. I started this in mid-September during self-isolation in London and I'm finishing this in the middle of the first term of my Master's. I'm so elated that I've managed this project. My Chinese has literally gotten so, so, so good -- to the point where I'm now confidently crafting a phD proposal that would require a lot of Chinese primary research -- and gosh this has just been so fun! I've learned a lot and I love this story and these characters. Many thanks to my mom for helping me when I had questions about Chinese, to everyone who's been cheering me on slightly incredulously, and of course to Musuli for writing this in the first place -- as well as to the team behind the audio drama adaptation, which is what got me into this story in the first place. I don't know if Musuli will ever actually find out that I've done this (I don't really have a way of getting in touch with her - I left a comment on one of the chapters) and technically you need a VPN to be able to access Blogger in China, but yeah, I'm really happy. So I'm leaving this here and I really hope that people will enjoy it, even though it's nowhere near perfect and barely adequate. 

If you're reading this, please please please let me know what you think. You can comment on the posts (though I might not see it immediately) or find me on Twitter which is in the sidebar. 

I've also been thinking about what I would do if I got hired to adapt this into a Netflix show. Firstly, I'd cast Jonathan Majors as Xuanmin, and I'd also definitely use this song by Jay Chou for the trailer. @Netflix, hit me up. 

Love always,

-Jiaqi x

31 comments:

  1. Hi, haven't read this yet but I will now it's completely translated. Thank you for doing this, have you considered linking to the chapters on NovelUpdates so more people can find them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is really a good idea
      As for now i'm confuse where to find another chapter

      Delete
    2. Look at the Blog Archive on the right, it might not show up on mobile, and you can find the chapter links

      Delete
    3. Hey Lucia, thanks for reading!! Really enjoying your in-progress comments haha. I don't know how to link to NovelUpdates, is it a wiki type thing where anyone can link and if so, could someone else just do it for me LOL

      Delete
    4. Hihi, thanks for the translation! You've worked hard~

      I have personally never added a novel on NovelUpdates but this might help you:
      https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/nu-nuf-frequently-asked-questions.62709/#account_71

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this with us!
    Excellent translation for a wonderful novel.
    You've worked hard ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your hard work!! I love your translation! Have a nice day ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a really wonderful story and your translation was lovely to read. I know you weren't always confident at times, but it was super smooth and a seamless reading experience. Thanks so much for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muito obrigada por traduzir esse novel, eu sou do Brasil(๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ท) รฉ amo novels bl, poderia continua a traduzir mil outonos??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for translating this novel!!! You did such a good job and it was super easy to understand (even the parts that you didn't like haha) ๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so excellent! Though this is really so sloooow coz it's slowburn and they only became sweet at the end, this is still worth the read! Thanks for the effort of translating this!๐Ÿ”ฅ It was very easy to understand and were really smooth! Many thanks!!!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANK YOU FOR TRANSLATING THIS NOVEL <3 really enjoyed reading this :>

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gracias por la traducciรณn, fue un excelente trabajo. Eres un sol ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanted to know if you have a PDF for this?

    Also, I am crazy exited for this. I only found out today that another translator finished it. You are my hero. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for translating this story. I loved every chapter top to bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your translation! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you very much, your translation is totally understandable ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•
    Greetings from Peru

    ReplyDelete
  14. i actually finished reading your really clean translation long back in 2020 but i always ghost everyone lol :( so i came back here after re-reading it to give my official thanks, this novel is incredibly wonderful and your translation is really great and easy to understand and im glad i stumbled upon your translation, otherwise i wouldn't have enjoyed this masterpiece, Mu Su Li did a great job๐Ÿ˜ thank you once again, greetings from Argentina~๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’m glad to hear you got so much out of translating this, thank to your mom as well the author and everyone who helped you finishing the novel!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank You for translating this fantastic story! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for giving us a chance to read this story - it was so lovely. You have been beating yourself a lot how you translated it but it was actually done very well - it was very enjoyable to read! You have a good sense for translating.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for the translation! I loved the story.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for your translations! I can see how much time and care you've put into it and I'm happy you feel that this has helped you progress. This story is so good, thank you for bringing it to us!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Went Airdrop to coin, token and cryptocurrency trading platform? WeNetwork.us is a future crypto payment gateway system. We believe in change & crypto is going to be world currency.

    Visit here:- went coin

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for this translation. I got to enjoye every bit of the book because of you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Enjoyed every bit of this! Got me through a very difficult week and never failed to put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much for translating this masterpiece!! It made me cry, laugh... thank you for giving me a chance to read this ๐Ÿ™❤

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much for translating this! I had to binge-read it because I just couldn't put it down. I loved it! Thank you for your hard work!!

    ReplyDelete